John Conyers announced today on Democracy Now that he is calling members of the Judiciary Committee from recess investigate to Ron Suskind's revelations.
Call members of HJC now.
Attached is a slice & dice of the 40 members of Congress/HJC their phone numbers courtesy of me.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: robin gilbert <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 3:23 PM
Subject: Help spread the word about hearings on Suskind's revelations.
To: impsupporters, ImpeachmentActionCoordination, LANIC-VenturaCounty, NadlerCD8th, Pelosi, SanchezCD39th, ScottCD3rd
Begin forwarded message:
From: "Tobi Dragert" <email@example.com>Date: August 14, 2008 2:01:40 PM PDTTo: "Tobi Dragert" <firstname.lastname@example.org>Subject: Help spread the word about hearings on Suskind's revelations. The war on terror is a fraud.From one of our supreme National Impeachment Network members:LET US HOLD CHAIRMAN CONYERS TO HIS WORD!~ Call all the Jucidiary members as well -- google "House Judiciary Committee" and all the info comes up! AND NOTE THE MEDIA Email addresses below! Please, set aside 30 minutes, an hour, whatever it takes and write to every one of the media AND the HJC -- Conyers said on Democracy Now he needs public support -- let us give it to him in spades! Ask your friends to do the same!
Best, TobiJohn Conyers announced today on Democracy Now that he is calling members of the Judiciary Committee from recess investigate to Ron Suskind's revelations about the forged letter that falsely said that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Conyers needs our push now, and said this story needs to be featured on media nationwide.Please contact the Judiciary Committee to urge them to impeach now: 202-225-3951 FAX: 202-225-7680Please also take time to contact our entire Congressional delegation.Democracy Now: www.democracynow.orgPlease help by contacting all media outlets and members of Congress.Impeachment. More important that ever. Plenty of time.Linda BoydWashington for Impeachment
Conyers Announces Review of Allegations of Bush Administration's Forged Iraq Intelligence
For Immediate ReleaseAugust 11, 2008 Contact: Jonathan Godfrey (Conyers)Lillian German (Conyers)
House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers, Jr. (D-MI) today announced plans to review allegations that senior Bush Administration officials ordered the forgery and dissemination of false intelligence documents as reported by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist, Ron Suskind, in his new book, "The Way of the World: A Story of Truth and Hope in an Age of Extremism."
"Mr. Suskind reports that the Bush Administration, in its pursuit of war, created and promoted forged documents about Iraq," said Conyers. "I am particularly troubled that the decision to disseminate this fabricated intelligence is alleged to have come from the highest reaches of the administration. The administration's attempt to challenge Mr. Suskind's reporting appears to have been effectively dismissed by the publication of the author's interview recordings and transcripts. I have instructed my staff to conduct a careful review of Mr. Suskind's allegations and the role played by senior administration officials in this matter."
A number of issues raised in Mr. Suskind's book to be reviewed include:
- The origin of the allegedly forged document that formed the basis for Bush's 2003 State of the Union assertion that Iraq sought yellowcake uranium from Niger;
- The role of this document in creating the false impression that 9/11 hijacker Mohammed Atta had a working relationship with Iraq;
- The relationship between this document and other reported examples of the Bush Administration considering other deceptive schemes to justify or provoke war with Iraq, such as the reported consideration of painting a U.S. aircraft with UN colors in order to provoke Iraq into military confrontation;
- Allegations that the Bush Administration deliberately ignored information from Iraq's chief intelligence officer that Iraq possessed no WMDs;
- The payment of $5 million to Iraq's chief intelligence officer and his secret settlement in Jordan, beyond the reach of investigators;
- The September 2007 detainment and interrogation of Mr. Suskind's research assistant, Greg Jackson, by federal agents in Manhattan. Jackson's notes were also confiscated.
Sharona L. Smith